2020 Scholarship Competition
The NBCE is pleased to offer chiropractic students the opportunity to receive one of four awards of $2500 each for outstanding scholarly papers.
- In good academic standing and enrolled in a US, CCE-accredited, chiropractic program at any time during 2020.
- Essay is submitted by October 1, 2020.
1. Submit an original essay on any topic of your choice, as long as the topic is relevant to chiropractic. These may include: history, philosophy, practice perspectives, jurisprudence/law, ethics, theory, sociology, politics, or social sciences.
2. To enter the competition, submit 2 items by email:
- An original essay, submitted as a Word document. Length: no shorter than 1200 and no longer than 3000 words. Word count does not include references. Include title page with your name, cell phone, and email.
- A letter from your registrar confirming enrollment and that you are in good academic standing in your chiropractic program.
3. Judging criteria: relevance to the chiropractic profession, scholarly style, writing quality, originality, and use of references. Announcements of winning essays will be made by December 31, 2020.
4. Only one essay is allowed per student per competition and only one author per essay. Students who submitted in the past but did not win may compete again with a new essay.
5. Email materials to NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com by October 1, 2020.
Submit questions and all materials electronically to NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com no later than 12 noon Pacific time October 1, 2020. Announcements will be made no later than December 31, 2020.
The NBCE Scholarship competition is administered by an outside corporation, Brighthall. All questions about the competition should be directed to Dr. Claire Johnson at NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com.