Oregon Chiropractic Assistant Exam
What is the Oregon Chiropractic Assistant Exam?
The Oregon Chiropractic Assistant Exam is a computer-based, 50-question, multiple-choice, open-book exam for individuals to become a certified chiropractic assistant. The exam is developed jointly with Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners (OBCE) and the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE).
More Oregon Exams
Oregon Chiropractic Assistant Exam Tests 5 Subjects:
- Certification/Renewal – Licensing & Regulation – 5%
- Science of Chiropractic – 15%
- Documentation/Coding/HIPAA – 15%
- Professional Conduct – 15%
- Modalities/Procedures – 50%
How Do I Apply for the Exam?
A chiropractic assistant must complete an OBCE Board approved training course before applying for the exam. Contact the OBCE to determine your eligibility. Applications are available on LearningBuilder.
When Will I Get My Chiropractic Assistant Score? What Is The Passing Score?
Within two weeks following the exam, the NBCE will post your score to your MyNBCE account.
The OBCE requires a passing score of 75%. If you score below 75%, you will be required to retake the examination. If you receive a failing score, you can apply to retake the exam at your earliest convenience. The retake exam fee is $55.
Where Can I Take the Exam?
The exam is administered electronically on NBCE’s website.
Test Subjects & Weightings
A test plan is the blueprint from which an exam is constructed. In the test plan below, the emphasis devoted to each subject category appears as a percentage beside the categories.
Reference materials and resources are available HERE
Certification/Renewal – Licensing & Regulation – 5%
Science of Chiropractic – 15%
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Scope of Practice/Conditions Treated
Documentation/Coding/HIPAA – 15%
- CPT Time Codes
- General Chart Note Taking
- Provider Identification
- Procedure or Modality Codes
- Privacy Regulations
- Red Flags of Fraud
Professional Conduct – 15%
- Supervision Requirements
- Duty to Report
- Patient-Staff Relations
- Sexual, Personal, and Cultural Boundaries
Modalities/Procedures – 50%
- Patient Positioning & Support
- Precautions with Injuries
- Health Emergencies
- Sanitation and Safety
- Indications and Contraindications for Physiotherapy, Exercise, and Soft Tissue Therapies
901 54th Avenue
Greeley, Colorado 80634