Deadline EXTENDED October 1, 2017
The NBCE is pleased to offer chiropractic students the opportunity to receive one of five awards of $2000 each for outstanding scholarly papers.
- The author must be enrolled as a student in a US, CCE-accredited, chiropractic degree program at the time of submission.
- The author must be in good academic standing and must have passed all of NBCE Part I.
- Only one essay is allowed per student per competition.
- Submit an original essay on a humanities topic that focuses on or relates to chiropractic. Humanities topics include: history, philosophy, practice perspectives, jurisprudence/law, ethics, theory, sociology, politics, and all aspects of social sciences that address historical or philosophical topics. Samples of humanities topics are available at http://www.journalchirohumanities.com
- The essay must be an original scholarly work written by one student, must be submitted as a Word document, and must not exceed 3500 words (word count does not include references).
- The paper should include: introduction (grounded rationale for the paper), discussion (addresses the topic in a scholarly manner), conclusion, and references.
- The student will submit: (1) a completed title page with contact information, (2) a letter of reference from a faculty member or administrator about his/her outstanding scholarly and/or service achievements, and (2) a letter from the registrar of proof of enrollment and good academic standing.
- The essay will be judged by a team of blinded reviewers on the following criteria: relevance to the chiropractic profession, scholarly style, quality of writing, originality, and use of references.
- Students who have submitted or won in past years may compete again.
Submit questions and all materials electronically to NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com no later than 12 noon Pacific time August 1, 2017. Announcements will be made no later than December 1, 2017.
The NBCE Scholarship competition is administered by an outside corporation, Brighthall. All questions about the competition should be directed to Dr. Claire Johnson at NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com.