Part IV Eligibility
ESTABLISHING PART IV ELIGIBILITY
- You are eligible to apply for Part IV if you have passed all subjects of Part I.
- You must also be within six months of graduation or a graduate of an eligible chiropractic college.
If you are a student:
- Obtain your college registrar’s online authorization.
If you are a chiropractic college graduate:
- Submit a copy of your doctor of chiropractic degree (diploma).
- Or, obtain your college registrar’s online authorization.
If you are a doctor of chiropractic:
- Submit a copy of your state license or a copy of your diploma.
- If you are a doctor who was licensed on or before December 31, 1997, you are not required to have passed NBCE Part I to apply for Part IV.
Note: Individual state licensing boards determine the acceptance or requirement of Part IV. If you request, the NBCE will send an official transcript of your Part IV score to state boards.
PART IV RETAKES
- You may retake the Part IV Exam without re-establishing eligibility.
- If you have passed Part IV, you are not eligible to retake the exam unless it is required by a state board.